This weekend has been full of illustrations. I’ve been trying a new style with really limited color sets, just trying to keep it to a few colors and their tints and shades. First I started with kitsune at an Inari shrine.
This one was so tricky, because making the kitsune faces not look too cartoony was difficult. This originally started as a lighting study on the shrine part, with simulating chalk pastels. If I finish that one, I’ll post it. I’m pretty proud of it, because I’ve never had actual classical training in traditional arts with lighting and the like, so I’ve had to teach myself what I can.Continue reading “Japanese flower card styled illustrations”